AHAN Participation in Daachi Arts & Crafts Exhibition
Date: November 12-14, 2016
Venue: Lahore Grande, Near Gymkhana, Mall Road, Lahore
Organizers: Daachi Foundation
Basic concept: To Promote Handicrafts and develop marketing linkages for income generation of craft persons.
Daachi Arts & Crafts Exhibition – A 3-day event is organized twice a year i.e. in April and November every year, by Daachi Foundation. The main purpose is to provide a platform to emerging and established entrepreneurs for showcasing their products for sales and market brand to masses.
AHAN participated in this three-day Event, set up two stalls and displayed entire range of products developed under AHAN – CKU Project.
Its Objectives include:
- Primary objective is to promote handmade, traditional and forgotten crafts with value addition.
- To provide due exposure to the products made by the artisans and entrepreneurs.
- To develop B2B linkages with established businesses for continuous and improved income for craft persons.
- To find the gap and develop products according to customer demand.
- Generate orders and transfer benefits to artisans.
- To promote the work of AHAN and rural craftsmen.
- To test market the products of the clusters in order to assess the pricing of the product and their designs in relation to local market requirements.
- As a promotional tool to promote the work of AHAN and Rural craftsmen to various stakeholders.
Event started once all exhibiters set their stalls at 10:00 am on Saturday November 12, 2016. A total of 120 stalls were arranged in halls reserved for the event. Entrance of public in the exhibition was by invite/card, not free. Thus, the visitors were mainly representing selected class with high purchasing power.
AHAN had spread the word to its clients, stakeholders, donors and potential buyers through emails and SMS service.
Product Range: AHAN exhibited variety of handmade contemporary products, ranging from exquisite hand embroidered cushions, clutch purses, truck art diaries, elegant Ajrak silk stoles, Apparels, beautiful wall hangings, Intricate wood carving & cut work products and traditional cum contemporary blue pottery.
Business Generation: In terms of sales proceeds, AHAN has managed to generate a business of PKR 375800 for its artisans, against sold products.
- Products displayed at AHAN pavilion received much appreciation and majority of visitors found the handmade products unique in design and of good quality.
- This event is a good opportunity to promote the handmade products as well as the artisans’ works and to raise sales but it requires focused and sufficient product range with various design options & sizes.
- Overall feedback was good enough and people love to buy new rang of handmade products and appreciated the work and efforts made by AHAN.