Daachi Arts & Crafts Exhibition – A 3-day event is organised twice a year i.e. in April and November every year, by Daachi Foundation. The main purpose is to provide a
AHAN participated in this three-day Event, set up a large stall and displayed entire range of products including products developed under AHAN – CKU Project.
Its Objectives include:
- Primary objective is to promote handmade and traditional products with value addition.
- To provide due exposure to the products made by the artisans.
- To develop B2B linkages with established businesses for continuous and improved income for artisans.
- To find the gap and develop products according to customer demand.
- Generate orders and transfer benefits to artisans.
- To promote the work of AHAN and rural craftsmen.
- To test market the products of the clusters in order to assess the pricing of the product and their designs in relation to local market requirements.
- As a promotional tool to promote the work of AHAN and Rural craftsmen to various stakeholders
Event started once all exhibiters set their stalls at 10:00 am on Saturday April 16, 2016. A total of 95 stalls were arranged in the hall reserved for the event. Entrance of public in the exhibition was by invite/card, not free. Thus, the visitors were mainly representing selected class with high purchasing power.
AHAN had spread the word to its clients, stakeholders, donors and potential buyers through emails and SMS service and placed an AD at AHAN’s Facebook page.
Product Range: AHAN exhibited variety of handmade contemporary products, ranging from exquisite hand embroidered cushions, clutch purses, truck art diaries, elegant Ajrak silk stoles, Apparels, beautiful wall hangings, Intricate wood carving & lacquer work products and traditional cum contemporary blue pottery.
- Products displayed at AHAN pavilion received much appreciation and majority of visitors found the handmade products unique in design and of good quality.
- This event is a good opportunity to promote the handmade products as well as the artisans’ works and to raise sales but it requires focused and sufficient product range with various design options & sizes.
- It was observed that Packaging and Presentation of product further adds value to the product and also a gearing point for increase in sales.
Since there was limited stock and limited quantity of products, which were in demand, buyers showed interest to buy it from AHAN in-house displays or may contact us for availability of product.